POSITION TITLE: Direct Support Staff
POSITION SUMMARY: Support the daily needs of CCH Clients.
Does your employer offer 40+ hours a week? Does your employer offer free paid training and credentials? Do you get cash bonuses and generous paid leave?
CCH is a local non-profit dedicated to providing excellent benefits and training to our employees. We can provide everything listed above, all with no union dues.
CCH administration is made up of all former caregivers. We know the importance of a living wage and access to quality insurance for medical, dental and vision. CCH administration and board of directors will always work to provide you with the pay and the benefits you need to succeed.
Rate of Pay: $18.00 hr.
Insurance: Regence (Blue Cross/Blue Shield) & Aflac options.
• Act as advisor to clients.
• Participate in the development and implementation of client goals.
• Assist with meal preparation when needed.
• Teach basic personal skills to clients, such as cleaning, safety, hygiene, etc.
• Maintain a safe and clean living environment.
• Support clients in securing transportation as needed.
• Monitor and assist in providing or meeting daily needs.
• Lift and transfer tenants who need such assistance.
• Assist clients in shopping and managing funds.
• Attend all designated trainings and meetings.
• Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Ability to read, write, and comprehend English.
• Ability to accurately relate any incoming messages to the appropriate person.
• Ability to work cooperatively with others.
• Ability to advocate for and assist tenants in achieving their personal goals.
• Ability to sit, stand, walk, bend, and lift at least 35 pounds on a daily basis.
• Ability to handle household chemicals.
BASIC REQUIREMENTS OF POSITION:
• Must be at least 18 years of age.
• Must pass Washington State DSHS and Federal background checks.
• Must possess a valid form of identification
• Must possess a social security card.
• Must have a high school diploma or GED.
• Must pass a 2 step tuberculosis skin test.
We serve Clallam and Jefferson counties, with offices in Port Angeles and Port Townsend. We provide paid training, have excellent benefits and great wages.